With an increase in the count of hacking incidents that are currently prevailing, it becomes necessary to create backup of your email accounts. Taking backup of your email account data ensures that your data is safe from the unintentional users even if in the worst-case scenario, the account is hacked. If you are a Hotmail user and want to backup Hotmail emails to hard drive, then this article will prove to be useful for you.
Backup Outlook.com Email Folders Via Windows Mai Live
One of the easiest approaches to create backup for Hotmail, is by configuring your Hotmail account with Windows Live Mail. You can download Windows Live Mail for free. Since you are installing Windows Live Mail in order to save Hotmail data, there is no need to install all the Windows essentials. Just select Mail and you are good to go. Follow the below mentioned steps to backup Hotmail data with the help of Windows Live Mail account.
Also Read:- How to Convert Outlook 2013 OST To PST?
- Download and install Windows Live Mail.
- Configure your Hotmail account with Windows Live Mail by providing all the credentials.
- Now click the Send/Receive button in order download all Hotmail emails in Windows Live Mail.
- All the messages will now be stored at the default storage location of Windows Live Mail. The mails will be stored in an EML file.
- You can know the location of the EML file by browsing to File-àOptions-à Mails-àAdvanced Tab-àMaintenance Button-à Storage Folder
A window will be displayed that will show the default location.
Also Read:- Process to Read Emails from Outlook OST File Format Free
Save Selected Hotmail Mails To Your Hard Drive
The above method enables you to download all the mails of Windows Live Hotmail account. However, in case you just need to download a few mails rather than the entire mailbox, you can create an EML copy of each message. Follow the below mentioned procedure to save selected emails from Hotmail to your hard drive:
- Login Windows Live Hotmail and open the message that you want to save to your hard drive.
- Click on the arrow next to Reply option in the message header.
- From the drop-down menu, select View Message Source
- Copy the entire message source text and code.
- Open a text editor and save the copied text in a new document.
- Save the document as a text file with .eml
By following the above steps, you can easily save the selected Hotmail emails in EML format on your hard drive.
Also Read:- How To Export OST files To PST Outlook 2010?
Backup Outlook.com Email Folders to Computer without Any Hassles
Performing above-mentioned procedures for backing up Windows Live Hotmail emails do not turn out to be time efficient. A lot of time is consumed while backing up the mails manually. In addition, there are chances that some data might get lost in case any mishap occurs. Therefore, in order to avoid all such hassles, the users can deploy third party tools such as Hotmail Backup. The software is embedded with advance features that enable the users to backup the Hotmail emails to user machine. Some of the highlighting features of software are:
- Multiple output formats for creating backup of Hotmail emails.
- Option to pause and resume live backup process of emails.
- Provision to apply filters to download selective emails of Hotmail.
- Option to delete Hotmail mails from the server after saving to hard disk.
- Maintenance of Hotmail email formatting while backing up.
Saving Hotmail emails on the user machine enables the users to safeguard their emails against any issues such as account hacking. Though there are manual methods for downloading and saving the Hotmail emails to the hard drive, they are not completely reliable. Therefore deploying third party software turns out to be a better option for doing the same.
This guest post is written by Donna Adee has been an active blogger in the Mail Bakup since 2009. He has a keen interest in the domain of email clients and keeps himself updated on the latest trends in the market.