Microsoft Outlook emails client is the first choice of most business users because it comes with MS Office suite so doesn’t need to purchase it separately and it is capable to connect with Exchange server. If MS Outlook is connected with Exchange server then is creates .OST (offline storage table) file to save Emails with components/attachments. An OST file is the cached copy of Exchange server data that saved into HDD of your machine and it provides facility to work in offline mode when Exchange server connectivity is not available, all offline work automatically synchronized with Exchange server when connectivity obtainable.
MS Outlook doesn’t able to open Outlook OST file without Exchange server connectivity because OST files are very sensible and secured with encryption but sometimes it is the most important task “How to Read OST File” in following conditions.
Also Read:- How to Convert Outlook 2013 OST To PST?
- Suppose your boss send important information into OST file format
- Your important attachments (Image, PDF) saved into OST file format
- You were Exchange server user but not present so you have important data in OST format
- Many Engineering related purpose required to open Outlook OST file
Note: Many other conditions are also available that required complete satisfaction related to read OST file.
Also Read:- How To Export OST files To PST Outlook 2010?
Follow Simple Steps for Read Emails from Outlook OST File
Go to official website of Microsoft Outlook OST Viewer, download the program and install into your machine after that run the tool.
Click on Add File button
Now press Browse
Select offline storage table OST file from your machine and click on Open
Select Quick Mode for normal OST file and if you have damage (corrupt) OST file then select Advance scanning mode and press Add File for continue
Please wait scanning process is running
Now preview OST file data into seven different styles including attachments
Also Read:- How To Convert Corrupted OST to PST?
Advance Features of Microsoft OST Viewer Software
- It is standalone software that doesn’t require MS Outlook and Exchange server connectivity during preview OST files.
- This application is able to preview Emails from OST files as well as calendar, contacts, task, notes and attachments.
- Users can preview emails from OST files into seven different styles like Normal Mail View, Hex View, Properties View, Message Header View, MIME View, HTML View and RTF View.
- Software has dual scanning mode like Quick Scan and Advance Scanselect Quick scan for preview healthy OST files and Advance scan for corrupted files.
- The default screen view of this software is Horizontal but you can change it into vertical view
- The tool is able to open all OST files created with MS Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 also.
- It can be install with every version of Windows Operating Systems like Win XP, Win Vista, Win 7 and Win 8.
Conclusion: MS Outlook doesn’t has ability to open OST files because OST files are protected with advance encryption but this software is the advance method for reading emails from offline storage table file within simple steps.The tool is specially designed for read emails from OST files free of cost.
This guest post written by Amelie Moore, she is working as a software developer at Freeostviewer.