Computers …and the world of viruses! Gosh!
The idea of internet safety is perplexing these days. We everyday listen to issues and havoc created with machines connected to the internet.
Therefore ensuring the safety of your IT systems is essential for any business of any size. We should not forget that any loss of data will have great impact more than the loss itself. But considering a complete different situation – a more nasty situation – what if some dreadful malware infects contaminates your computer and in the place of losing your data, you are compelled to pay in order to get the access?
Also Read: Best Ways to Get Rid of Viruses On Your Phone
What? You read that right. What when your files get locked on the drive and to unlock it you are asked for some ransom?
Let’s explore what is virus is all about?
As the name suggests this modern computer virus blocks the access to the computer and demands the user to pay ransom for getting the access to the computer again. Isn’t this virus scary just like its name sounds? The horrific ransomware virus is designed by the cyber criminals to prowl into your traded computer by means of exploiting system holes and other channels.
Once this virus attacks your PC it changes the system settings and erase the critical registry files. Along with this it terminates most of the programs and blocks Internet access. Once all the files are locked, and you try to access any of your files, a message comes up on a screen telling –
“Your files are presently completely encodes with the new and unbreakable algorithm – RSA-1024 algorithm. In order to view and work with the files again you need to buy our decoding software which you can purchase at ….”
At times you are demanded to pay directly for the decoding tool, but at times you need to make more than one purchases from one website to other. No matter what the way is you need to empty your pocket to get access to your PC.
Also Read: How To Protect Your Phone From Viruses
- It stoles your data
- The files are on your hard drive but you cannot reach them
The impact of this virus is a serious threat as it denies any kind of entry to computer, divulging the common antivirus software of no use. Make sure you don’t opt for mistake like purchasing it! Ransomware lands you in a sticky situation, thus it is optimal to judge how to stay out of it.
- What Are The Ways To Prevent Ransomware Attacks?
- Ensure all the tools, applications on your PC is up to date, including the operating system, browser and other various toolbar plugins you regularly access.
- Guarantee that your antivirus application and firewall security is avant-garde.
Also Read: Fake Antivirus Programs: How to Tell if it’s Legit
- How To Get Rid Of Ransomware Virus?
Breaking the encryption is one of the best ways. Let’s follow the instruction to delete the virus as soon as possible.
- In case if the virus attacks you into the safe mode with networking, you need to start the PC into safe mode by starting Command Prompt by pressing F8 key several times. Later press enter to proceed.
- Woppie! I hope now you can see the Command Prompt screen. Now type explorer and press enter to continue.
- Now the windows explorer will display –
Windows XP: C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and press Enter.
Windows Vista/7: C:\windows\system32\rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- The next thing you need to do is go to start menu and begin RUN, later tyoe regedit into the Run box and press to open Registory Editor.
- In the registry editor window, you need to find the way to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Verson\Winlogon\
- Now on the right side of the window you need to locate “Shell” and right click on it. After clicking go for the option modify
- After finding the shell in right hand panel you need to change the value into explore.exe just by right clicking it, in case the value is varied.
- Save the changes and then restart your computer the way you used to do.
If this doesn’t works you need to install Anvisoft antivirus to a bootable media, or opt for the nuclear way. What is it? As you have tried everything and you have no other choice left but to go for reformatting the hard drive and start completely fresh.